— Author unknown
Friends are the greatest possession of life. A true friend is like a guiding light like who becomes the motivational force behind your success in life. So, in order to commemorate this wonderful relationship, we celebrate ‘friendship day’. Quite often people miss out on this wonderful day just because they don’t know the exact date. Since there is no fixed date of Friendship Day, people tend to wonder when is ‘Friendship Day’ this year? If you’ve ever been confused this date, the following information may be helpful to you.
First of all, Friendship Day is all about showing your dearest friends how much they mean to you. This special day falls on the “First Sunday of August” every year. So, don’t forget to celebrate it with your best friends.
Try to make Friendship Day special for your friend… and keep the positive feeling of friendship alive. Present your friends with unique and surprising gifts, and express your love towards them. If you don’t have a friend, make a new one. There is no better day or anything nobler than making a new friend on Friendship Day.
So, this year, on the first Sunday of August, make sure you express your appreciation and love that you share with your friend(s)… but rarely have the time to lavish on it. Friendship day is about showing how much you care.
Even if you don’t gift your friend anything, it doesn’t matter, as long as you spend time with each other or, at least, visit one way or another (in person, by phone, online, etc) – any way you can. This is the time you should make your friends realize how much they mean to you and how life would be extremely dull without them around. So, go ahead and be sure to enjoy this day to its fullest!
Tips For Friendship Day Celebrations
• As friendship day is the only day on which you can reciprocate the love of your dear friend, reserve time to hang out together.
• If you are creative enough, express your feeling of thankfulness and love in a poem and gift it to your best friend.
• Make sure you do not forget to at least wish ‘Happy Friendship Day’ to any one you consider to be one of your dear friends.
• If your college is over and you are busy with your office, make the first Sunday of August every year a day of rejuvenation and enjoyment with your friends.
• If your dear friend is living far away, felicitate this friendship by sending a token of love and affection (with any gift) along with a personal note.
• Friendship day can also be the best day to sort out your differences with a dear friend. Use this opportunity to reach out and restore what was once a happy friendship.
Remember… Friendship Day is the 2nd Sunday of every August each year!