A child was asked to write a book report on the entire Bible. This is amazing and brought tears of laughter to my eyes.Read More »
-- Author unknownRead More »
-- Author Unknown
It was in Primary 4. A class was having a science lesson in a school called Anglo-Chinese School (Primary). All of the students in the class were quietly doing their schoolwork with the strict science teacher in the class. At a certain time period, the teacher walked out of the classroom, leaving no one to take care of the class. Knowing that the teacher will be gone for a few minutes, a majority of the students in the class began to chat with one another.
"Hey John," Keithon called out.Read More »
-- By Bobby DoddÔÇ¿
Football is one of our great American games. It is the duty and responsibility of each of us to see that it is kept in its proper perspective, and that it is protected. We should see that it is used to attain the objectives that mean so much to our way of life.
We feel that the spectator can be most influential and instrumental in helping to achieve these objectives, if he will develop the right attitudes. May we suggest a few?Read More »
You don't actually have to take the quiz. Just read this straight through and you'll get the point...
Here's the first quiz:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED
Very interesting, but unsubstantiated.
1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq. (It sure doesn't look much like Paradise on earth today thanks to Saddam)
2. Mesopotamia which is now Iraq was the cradle of civilization!
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!
6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor which is in Iraq.
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
9. Assyria which is in Iraq conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
Read More »
In ancient Greece, (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem.
One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, “Do you know what I just heard about your friend?”
“Hold on a minute,” Socrates replied. “Before telling me anything, I’d like you to pass a little test. It’s called the Triple Filter Test.”
-- Author Unknown
A mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife open a package. “What food might this contain?”
He was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap.
Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning. “There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!”
Do you know why 95% of people out there never “have enough” of anything and find themselves lost, confused, and constantly searching for the reason WHY?
The answer is simple…
"Most people will loose more to indecision than they will to a bad decision."
-- Andrew Carnegie